Accessible Museum & Gallery In King George TerraceKing George V Memorial
King George V Memorial is accessed via paved level pathway approach situated outside Old Parliament House.
Originally commissioned in 1936, King George V Memorial was not completed until 1953, due to the Second World War.
The work consists of a bronze statue of George V on one side of a granite pylon and a stone statue of Saint George on the other, to symbolise the leadership of George V through the First World War.
In 1953 it was located on the central land axis, directly across from Old Parliament House, but was moved to one side in 1968.
Accessible bathrooms can be found at Old Parliament House, Rose Garden & Treasury Building. Accessible parking can be found at Questacon, Car park 23, 31, 19 & National Gallery of Australia.