- Privacy generally
In collecting, holding, using, disclosing and otherwise managing your personal information, WF will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
- Kinds of personal information collected
During the provision of our goods and services or as a result of our other interactions or dealings with you, WF may collect your personal information.
The kinds of personal information that WF collects will vary depending on our particular interaction or dealing with you. However, generally speaking, the kinds of personal information WF collects may include:
- if you register as a member on our website, your contact and identification information such as your name, email address and date of birth (Contact and Identification Information);
- if you provide your consent, mobility related information such as information relating to your type of mobility impairment or needs and your required mobility equipment (Health Information);
- if you make a donation, we may collect your Contact and Identification Information, together with payment and related information regarding your donation; and
- if you attend one of our events, we may collect your Contact and Identification Information, Health Information and other information relevant to your attendance at our event.
We also collect internet/technology related information from visitors to our site or users of our other online services, including the referring URL, your IP address, which browser you used to come to the site, the country, state or province, the pages of our site that you viewed during your visit and any search terms entered on our site.
Generally, we do not collect sensitive information about individuals. However, we may collect health related information about you to provide services or information to you, for example we may collect mobility information or other Health Information so that we can provide customised information or assistance to you.
If we do need to collect sensitive information about you, we will only do so with your consent or where we are required to do so by law. Information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political persuasions, criminal record and religious or philosophical beliefs are all examples of sensitive information.
- Collection of personal information by WF
Generally, WF collects your personal information directly from you. For example, WF may collect your personal information:
- when you register as a member of our website, fill out a survey, submit information to our website, request information or services from us or otherwise provide us with your details;
- where you use our websites or other online services or otherwise interact with us;
- if you post information to any of our social media sites; and
- where you attend an event organised or sponsored by us.
Generally, WF will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect that personal information directly from you.
- Purposes for which personal information is used
Generally speaking, WF collects and uses personal information so that we can provide our charitable services and information services to the public, including services for providing information about wheelchair access facilities at public venues and spaces and to advocate for improvements in disability services.
Some examples of the purposes for which WF collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information include to:
- to provide our charitable services and information services;
- to manage and administer the events, services and related activities we conduct;
- to enable us to supply you with information you request from us;
- to contact you to obtain your feedback about our services, activities and future plans; and
- analyse information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the services we offer.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, WF takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to WF. However, without certain information from you, WF may not be able to provide services or information to you or may be limited in how we can interact with you.
- Disclosure of personal information
If you post information or other content to public sections of our websites or to our social media sites, you acknowledge that the information or content may be viewed by the public and/or users of the relevant website or social media site.
- Links to other websites
- Security of personal information
WF takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your personal information will be kept on databases held on servers kept in a physically and technologically secured environment, accessed only by authorised personnel or contractors. Where personal information is held in hard copy, it will be held in controlled, access restricted premises which only authorised personnel or contractors will be permitted to access.
Where you become a member of our website you may be issued with a user name and password or other sign in details, You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your membership, whether or not authorised by you. You agree to immediately notify WF of any unauthorised use of your user name or password.
- Access and correction
WF takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- WF requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- WF may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects and will not exceed the cost to WF for providing access in accordance with your request.
WF will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request. If WF refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, WF will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
If you are dissatisfied with WF’s refusal to grant access to, or correct, your personal information, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- Contacting WF
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information or make a privacy complaint, please contact WF’s Privacy Manager using any of the following contact details:
Email: [email protected]
Post: 401/168 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- Privacy complaints
Please direct all privacy complaints to WF’s Privacy Manager. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
WF will acknowledge your complaint within 7 days of receipt and endeavour to resolve it within 30 days, unless WF informs you otherwise.
WF’s Privacy Manager will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, or an extension to the time in which WF will resolve it, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.